4 Nights 5 Days Lhasa City Tour
This tour offers a wonderful chance to explore cultural heritages and historical places in and around Lhasa. Two blissful days are packaged in your trip for exploring the charismatic wonders of Lhasa and a day is kept free for your self exploration. Lhasa, most popularly known as ‘Sunlight City’, is regarded as the heart and soul of Tibet and hence is the number one tourist destination in Tibet. Visits to white
and ochre fortress of Potala Palace and Jokhang temple can be quite spiritually rejuvenating experience. Potala Palace is a UNESCO world heritage and features an overwhelming array of intricate murals, temples, stupas, tombs of eight past Dalai Lamas, exquisite Tibetan Mandalas and other relics of Tibetan history. Jokhang temple lying 2 km to the east is another Tibetan religious site. If you wish to glimpse into Tibetan culture, what could be more insightful than exploring Barkhor markets! As you wander around the markets, you witness Tibetan arts, culture, custom and tradition. With so much to see and explore in Lhasa, this will truly be an unforgettable experience.
* 4 nights / 5 days in Lhasa with guided sightseeing tours of cultural and historical hearts of Lhasa
* 1 day free in Lhasa for self exploration
* English speaking Local Tibetan Guide
* Comfortable transportation / hotels with Tibetan character wherever possible
* complete hassle free Chinese (Tibetan) travel documentation
Day 01 - Arrive Lhasa (3660m)
Day 02 - Sightseeing in Lhasa
Day 03 - Sightseeing in Lhasa
Day 04 - A free day in Lhasa Day
05 - Depart Lhasa
DAY 01 FLY KATHMANDU TO LHASA
Morning transfer to the airport for the hour-long flight to Lhasa. The spectacular flight on Air China Boeing 757 or Airbus 320 crosses the main Himalayan range and the mountain views are magnificent. After arriving at Gonggar Airport in Tibet, it's a 1.5 hour drive to Lhasa where we will check in Hotel. It's advisable to rest and take it easy for the remainder of the day, due to Lhasa's high altitude.
DAY 02 IN LHASA
Today will be spent visiting several of Lhasa's many monasteries in the company of a guide and interpreter. One of these is the Sera Monastery, one of the best-preserved Buddhist monasteries in Tibet. Several hundred monks live and study within its whitewashed walls and golden roofs. After lunch we'll visit the Norbulingka, the summer palace of the Dalai Lama, as well as the Jokhang Temple. This temple is possibly the most sacred shrine in Tibet and there is always a procession of devout Tibetans through the complex. Surrounding the Jokhang is the Barkhor - a maze of narrow cobbled streets, which is the central market of Lhasa. Sera Mural
DAY 03 IN LHASA
This morning we will visit the Potala Palace towering above the city of Lhasa. This spectacular building contains the private quarters of the Dalai Lama as well as numerous grand state rooms and many important chapels. There has been a palace on this site since the 5th or 6th centuries, but the present palace was constructed in the 17th century. A visit to the Drepung Monastery in the afternoon will complete a truly awe-inspiring day. Founded in the 14th century, this monastery was once the largest in the world, housing around 10,000 monks. Nowadays the figure is down to several hundred, but there is still much here of interest as it was left relatively unscathed during the Cultural Revolution. DAY 04 IN LHASA This final day in Lhasa is just for you to explore the Forbidden City on your own. You can revisit your favourite monastery or simply sit in a café overlooking the Barkhor and watch the pilgrims as they circumambulate the Jokhang, stopping regularly to examine the merchandise at the stalls lining the route. If you wish you can also join an additional tour to visit places such as the Tibetan Medical Centre and the Ganden and Tsurphu Monasteries. However, this the price of this excursion is not included in this tour package for Tibet.
DAY 05 FLY LHASA TO KATHMANDU
Morning transfer to the airport for the return flight to Kathmandu or to your onward destination.
· Twin sharing accommodation as per the itinerary on bed & breakfast (BB) basis.
· English speaking Tibetan Guide.
· Transportation as per the itinerary by necessary vehicle.
· Monastery entrance fee.
· Tibet Travel permits.
· Emergency mineral water in the vehicle.
· Emergency portable oxygen cylinder in the vehicle.
· Trip briefing by Tibet expert & entertain question.
· Trip Information pack.
· Gift pack (prayer flag or string of flag & paper prayer Lungta).
Note: Offer Prayer flag or Lungta (string of prayer flag) in high passes, temple for good fortune or long life.
· Tibet Visa Fee ..
· Travel insurance.
· Expenses during any rescue operation.
· Nepal re-entry visa fee.
· Lunch and Dinner
· Alcoholic beverages & bar bills.
· All expenses of personal nature, phone calls, laundry etc.
· Gratuity to staff.
· Services of Porterage and other vehicles in between in case of landslides and other natural calamities beyond our control and expenses incurred during rescue services.
· Additional portable oxygen cylinder (US$ 20 per bottle).
· Services not mentioned herein.